|1||abide by||~을 지키다. (keep, be faithful to)|
* We should abide by our promise.
The players must abide by the umpire's decision.
|2||abound in||~이 많다. (be rich in)|
* Fish abound in this river.
The trout abounds in the brook.
Saudi Arabia abouds in oil.
|3||abstain from||~을 그만두다. (keep away from)|
* You must abstain from drinking.
|4||according as + 절||~에 따라 (in proportion as)|
* We must act according as we plan.
|5||according to + N||~에 따라 (in proportion to)|
* We must work according to our plan.
|6||account for||~을 설명하다 (explain)|
* You have to account for your absence.
The injuries by motor vehicle accidents accout for a quarter of all the injuries.
|7||add to||~을 더하다. (increase)|
* The music will add to our enjoyment.
|8||agree to + 사물||~에 동의하다. (consent to)|
* I will not agree to your proposal.
|9||agree with + 사람||동의하다,적합하다. (suit, be of the same mind)|
* I don't agree with you.
The climate here does not agree with me.
|10||all at once||돌연히 (suddenly)|
* All at once it began to rain.
|11||all of a sudden||갑자기 (suddenly)|
* All of a sudden she began to cry.
|12||answer for||~에 책임지다. (be responsible for)|
* You must answer for the result.
|13||answer to||~에 부합하다,~에 답하다. (correspond to)|
* His features answer to the description.
|14||anything but||결코 ~아닌 (never, not at all, far from)|
* He is anything but a liar.
|15||apply for||~을 지원하다. (volunteer for)|
* He will apply for the scholarship.
|16||apply oneself to||~에 몰두하다. (devote oneself to)|
* He is going to apply himself to studying English.
|17||apply to||적용되다. (concern, fit)|
* This rule does not apply to all cases.
|18||as a matter of fact||사실상 (in fact)|
* As a matter of fact, you are wrong.
|19||as a rule||대체로 (usually, on the whole)|
* As a rule he gets up late.
|20||as for||~에 관한한 (speaking of)|
* As for me, I don't like French.
|21||as good as||~나 마찬가지 (practically, no better than)|
* He is as good as dead.
|22||as to||~에 대하여 (concerning, as regards)|
* She said nothing as to what she would do.
|23||ask after||안부를 묻다. (inquire after)|
* He asked after my health.
|24||at a loss||어리둥절하여 (embarrassed, perplexed)|
* I was at a loss for words.
|25||at first hand||직접적으로 (directly)|
* Did you hear the news at first hand?
|26||at hand||가까이 (near)|
* The examination is near at hand.
|27||at last||마침내 (finally, in the end)|
* At last he succeeded in it.
|28||at least||적어도 (in the minimum)|
* He has spent at least five dollars.
|29||at once||곧, 즉시 (immediately, right away)|
* I must start at once.
|30||at second hand||간접적으로 (indirectly)|
* I have heard the news at second hand.
|31||at the mercy of||~에 좌우되어 (wholly in the power of)|
* The ship is at the mercy of the waves.
|32||at times||때때로 (sometimes, now and then)|
* At times he comes to me.
|33||attend on (upon)||시중들다. (wait on, serve)|
* She always attends on me.
|34||attend to||~에 주의하다. (pay attention to)|
* You must attend to your homework.
|35||attribute ~ to||~을 ~탓으로 돌리다. (ascribe~to)|
* She attributes her success to my advice.
|36||be about to||~하려고 하다. (be going to)|
* The moon is about to rise.
|37||be accustomed to||~에 익숙하다. (be going to)|
* She is not accustomed to speaking in public.
|38||be anxious about||~을 걱정하다. (be uneasy about)|
* He is anxious about her health.
|39||be anxious to+V||~을 갈망하다. (be anxious for+명사)|
* He is anxious to go abroad.
|40||be apt at||~을 잘한다. (be good at)|
* He is apt at swimming.
|41||be apt to+V||~하기 쉽다. (be likely to, be liable to)|
* She is apt to fail in it.
|42||be badly off||궁핍하다 (be poor)|
* He is not badly off.
|43||be bound for||~으로 향하다. (be going in a certain direction)|
* The train is bound for Seoul.
|44||be bound to+V||~을 해야한다. (be obliged to)|
* She is bound to go.
|45||be capable of||~들 할 수 있다. (be able to)|
* He is capable of playing tennis.
|46||be due to+N||~에 기인하다. (be caused by)|
* The accident was due to his carelessness.
|47||be due to+V||~할 예정이다. (be expected to)|
* He is due to arrive at six.
|48||be engaged in||~에 종사하다. (take part in)|
* He is engaged in teaching students.
|49||be equal to+N||~을 감당하다. (be competent for)|
* I am not equal to the task.
|50||be force to+V||~하지 않을 수 없다. (be compelled to, be oblige to)|
* We are forced to do the work.